- Actions from meeting 87 (Steve)
- Component development
- ICAT (Steve)
- ICAT Manager
- Python-icat (Rolf)
- IDS (Steve)
- FUSE (Condie)
- Globus transfer (Frazer)
- SmartClient (Steve)
- WebDAV (Kevin)
- TopCAT (Wayne)
- IJP (Brian R)
- ICAT Dashboard (Alex)
- Installation (Steve)
- Issues from ICAT production deployments (Any)
- AOB (Any)
Present: Milan, Steve, Tom, Jianguo, Brian R, Wayne
Apologies: Rolf, Shelley, Andy, Peter Parker, Frazer
Action 87.2 glassfish-setup.py and the instructions on the web have been updated to make use of different symmetric encryption algorithms.
Action 87.3 a new organisation icatproject-contrib has been created to hold the old googlecode contrib
Action 87.4 is being tracked in another meeting
Action 87.5 will be changed to “Provide an example ICAT facility page for ISIS in icatproject.org”
- Release 4.6 of icat.server is being prepared. A new restful call to obtain properties has been added to return everything useful that doesn’t need authentication, including info about authenticators which can be used by tools such as topcat. The ESCAPE keyword now works in JPQL queries. The lucene searching targetting topcat is under way.
- Brian has started to use python-icat for some IJP job scripts. He needs to be able to use an existing ICAT sessionId and ensure that the client does not close the session on termination. He will discuss this with Rolf.
- The ids.smartclient has needed a few changes to make it work well with topcat. This could now be released but will first be tested on OS X.
- webdav for ids. Kevin is on leave but Tom reported that testing with very large file transfers gave session timeout problems.
- The backend (for the “Angular topcat” is mostly done. There is still an issue that getStatus requires a sessionId and Wayne would like the option to not require it.
- IJP needs uodating to work with latest ICAT and IDS.
- For the icat dashboard, in the absence of Alex, Tom reported that feedback on the plans would be appreciated. Steve has already circulated a suggestion that the presentation layer should bve a separate component. The ids will need to produce some kind of record of what it has been doing.
- Steve reported that he was obtaining a license for MireDot (free for open source projects) to generate documentation for the ids.server and for the restful interface to the icat.server.
|88.0||Discuss use of existing icat sessions in python-icat with Rolf.||Brian|
|87.0||Run DOI script for all recent releases.||Steve|
|87.1||Test installation on OS X||Steve|
|87.5||Give permission to Rolf to allow write access to ICAT repositry||Steve|
|85.2||Provide an example ICAT facility page for ISIS in icatproject.org||Tom|
|85.3||Migrate ICAT Manager to the ICAT project GitHub||Christophe/Andy|
|81.0||Report bug in eclipselink||Steve|
|74.0||Look into JDBC connector resilience with Wildfly||Steve|