Meeting 89 – 17 September 2015
- Actions from meeting 88 (Steve)
- ICAT (Steve)
- ICAT Manager
- Python-icat (Rolf)
- FUSE (Alex)
- Globus transfer (Frazer)
- SmartClient (Steve)
- WebDAV (Kevin)
- TopCAT (Wayne)
- IJP (Brian R)
- ICAT Dashboard (Alex)
- Installation (Steve)
- Issues from ICAT production deployments (Any)
- AOB (Any)
Present: Milan, Steve, Tom, Jianguo, Brian M, Wayne, Alex, Andy, Rolf and Chris P
Action 87.0 All of the DOI scripts have been run for recent releases.
Action 87.1 Testing on OS X is complete. During testing Steve found that glassfish 4.0 doesn’t work with OS X which mean glassfish 4.2 would have to be used. ICAT however, doesn’t work with 4.2 so Steve proposes to wait for the WildFly configuation to be ready.
- Steve has made available a ICAT 4.6 SNAPSHOT. He is currently waiting for feedback from Wayne about the Lucene calls.
- Steve has updated the authenticators to include the new getDescription calls. These are also available as SNAPSHOTS.
- Steve has given Rolf a login to the repository but Rolf still requires an area.
- Rolf had concerns that the ICAT might be leaning away from SOAP and as python-icat is a SOAP client this could mean having to change the code base. Steve commented on how ICAT will continue to have the option of using SOAP which answered Rolfs concerns.
- Steve has released the ids.smartclient with .debian, .rpm and .exe for windows. Steve is not far off from making a .pkg for OS X.
- In Kevin’s absence Tom reported on webdav, informing the team that it will be out for testing within the next few weeks for CLF.
- Wayne has released a V1.13 SNAPSHOT last week. This has added support for ICAT v4.5.
- TopCat V2 is currently working with Https, globus and smartclient. There is currently an issue with Firefox and TopCat V2 that Wayne is currently investigating. There will be a Beta release of TopCat V2 soon.
- Alex reported on the requirements meeting with ISIS for ICAT dashboard. No new requirements were captured.
- Steve will be producing an updated installer once Topcat 1.13.0 is no longer a SNAPSHOT.
- Steve is currently working on the Wildfly container and all is going well so far.
|89.0||Steve to create area on github for ICAT dashboard.||Steve|
|89.1||Provide feedback on icat.server 4.6.0 snapshot||Wayne|
|88.0||Discuss use of existing icat sessions in python-icat with Rolf.||Brian|
|87.5||Give permission to Rolf to allow write access to ICAT repositry||Steve|
|85.2||Provide an example ICAT facility page for ISIS in icatproject.org||Tom|
|85.3||Migrate ICAT Manager to the ICAT project GitHub||Christophe/Andy|
|81.0||Report bug in eclipselink||Steve|
|74.0||Look into JDBC connector resilience with Wildfly||Steve|