Meeting 92 – 17 December 2015
- Actions from meeting 91 (Steve)
- Report from steering group meeting #3 (Tom/Andy)
- Component development
- ICAT (Steve)
- ICAT Manager
- Python-icat (Rolf)
- IDS (Steve)
- FUSE (Alex)
- Globus transfer (Frazer)
- SmartClient (Steve)
- WebDAV (Kevin)
- TopCAT (Jody)
- IJP (Brian R)
- ICAT Dashboard (Alex)
- Multi-container support (Steve)
- Installation (Steve)
- icatproject.org (Steve)
- Issues from ICAT production deployments (Any)
- AOB (Any)
Present: Steve, Tom, Frazer, Jody, Brian R, Kevin, Rolf, Peter, Jianguo, Alex and Chris P
Action 91.0 Add Puppet modules to contrib. Peter has added them to github but still needs to put them into the ICAT organization area.
Action 89.1 Provide feedback on icat.server 4.6.0 snapshot (relating to Lucene search API). Jody explained how the search works well but there are a few minor issues that require further communication with Steve.
Action 81.0 Steve has reported 3 bugs in eclipselink. Currently waiting on feedback from the Eclipse team.
- Steve has created a paper on some possible upcoming ICAT enhancements.
- Steve brought forward the new request of adding a DOI attribute to the DatafileCollection entity – there was no objection.
- Rolf has released a new version of python ICAT 0.10. The release includes some important improvements. Rolf would like to move to a major release 1.0 but this would require more user feedback.
- Rolf is going to create and post a user survey on python ICAT in January to gather feedback.
- Steve is putting in JMS calls for the IDS to allow the Dashboard to gather information on what the IDS is being used for. The JMS logging will be for all calls.
- The TopCAT in development can now combine columns on browsing. You can also specify custom templates for cells and a custom JPQL expression for the combining of columns.
- The Dashboard now has a full stack skeleton with some data being displayed in graphs. Development is being pushed to fill out the Skeleton for the first sprint review meeting at the end of January.
- Tom reported on the recent ICAT steering group meeting. The main point from the meeting was the plan to co-locate the next face-to-face ICAT meeting with the NOBUGS conference being organised by ESS in Copenhagen in October.
- Shelly is preparing specification/requirements for an alternative authorization
|92.0||Provide feedback on the ICAT enhancements paper. Even if there is no feedback respond with such.||All|
|92.1||Provide feedback on the idea of adding a DOI attribute to the DatafileCollection.||All|
|92.2||Provide information on LSF’s use and potential future use of ICAT components.||Jianguo|
|92.3||Create user survey for Python ICAT.||Rolf|
|91.0||Add Puppet modules to contrib||Peter|
|85.3||Migrate ICAT Manager to the ICAT project GitHub||Andy|
|74.0||Look into JDBC connector resilience with Wildfly||Steve|